Friday, May 27, 2011

Valleys of sorrow to rivers of Joy

I will sing of your mercy that brings me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of joy.



I'm always so encouraged by the honesty and openness of others...and since this blog's purpose is to share the experiences I have to live life to the fullest (not just cupcakes and flowers...the difficult ones too), I'll take a turn at sharing...


I have lots to be joyful about. Don't get me wrong.

But I have pain as well. And I'm learning what it looks like to be joyful in all circumstances.

The healing process is hard. It takes time. Wounds can easily be re-opened. And even when they completely heal, the scar is a permanent reminder.


But it's a reminder of so much more than the pain. It's a reminder of the healing.


Today, I am in the healing process, but am joyful because of the mercy and love the Father is pouring onto my wound.


“The love of God is his doing whatever needs to be done, at whatever cost to himself or to us, so that we will see and be satisfied by the love of God in Christ forever and ever.”

-John Piper

1 comment:

  1. praying for you sweet friend. this is beautifully written.
    reminds me of the story of jacob wrestling with God. he forever walked with a limp...struggles leave us wounded and limping...but it was a daily reminder of what God had done for him through the struggle.

    miss you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete