Tuesday, June 1, 2010

love/hate relationship

Sorry for the hiatus…please don’t give up on reading my blog yet! I promise things will get much more interesting once I learn some blog management skills…and of course, once I’m in Paris :)

Blogging can be very time consuming! Especially for someone like me who takes 30 minutes to write a paragraph because I have to write something about 4 times before it comes out the way it I want it to…plus attempting to correct all my grammar mistakes (key word :attempting… I apologize if that’s a pet peeve of yours!)
So, like I’ve said before, I’m keeping this blog as a way to keep track of things that are going on in my life so I can look back on this one day and remember both the struggles and blessings that grew me into who I will be after this journey. The reason I’m doing a blog instead of a private journal is because I have benefited from the openness and honesty of others and I hope that I can be an encouragement to others as well.

Here’s a little update on my love/hate relationship with raising support:
I’m about 4 weeks in to this roller coaster of a process. I’ve made 152 phone calls, sent 76 letters, and had 16 appointments. I’ve spent many hours praying, calling, writing, brainstorming, and meeting with people….and I still have quite a ways to go by August 1st. The task at hand seriously seems impossible sometimes…a lot of times actually. How am I supposed to convince enough people to write me a check so that I can live and spread the gospel to college students in Paris??? …that’s exactly where I go wrong. I cannot raise this money… I cannot move in someone’s heart to feel called to give to this ministry… I don’t have the power or skills to do this, but He does. He has a plan for how this is all going to happen. Whew! It’s very comforting and very convicting to be reminded of that everyday. This summer, I am called to do much more than just raise my income for the next year…more importantly I am called to give people an opportunity to invest in God’s plan and act on God’s calling in their life to be a part of expanding the kingdom of God. That perspective is a whole lot cooler isn’t it?!?!? I still struggle with asking for money and have definitely had my share of being turned down, but my fear of rejection is so much less important than giving people an opportunity to be involved in God’s plan. Just in these past 4 weeks I have seen some amazing things happen that would never have been a part of my plan. For an entire week I was sick with a cold, but saw God provide more in that week than any other so far. People that I had never met are now partnering with me and praying for me.

I have to laugh sometimes at how scripture can be so perfect for a situation…like this:
Matt. 19:26
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
I mean, HELLO!!... straight from Jesus, so you better believe it! Haha

Well…since that took me almost all night to write, I’ll have to save the rest for the next post…stay tuned for details on my latest big purchase ((!!!))

No comments:

Post a Comment