Sunday, June 13, 2010

Entre Nous

Hello dear blogger friends!

My life has come to the point where I literally have to schedule down-time…no joke, in my planner it says “take a break today”... haha. And boy was it a much needed one. So, thankfully it was a beautiful Sunday and I relaxed outside by the pool with a new book, Entre Nous (Between Us): A Woman’s Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl. This came in the mail all the way from California a few days ago from my good friend and soon to be roomie in Paris, Jen! We are each reading the book and then passing it on to the next girl in our group going over in August (me, Lauren, LC, and Jen)


It’s sort of like the sisterhood of the traveling book :)


So, like I said in my last post, I made a big purchase with some graduation money……here it is!


TA-DA!!...my new Nikon D40

With the help of my sweet friend/fellow blogger, we found this baby on craigslist and snatched it up asap! I’ve been having so much fun playing around with it…I really know nothing about cameras, but it’s always been on my to-do list and I would LOVE to have some skills before I head to France.


So, to kill two birds with one stone…here are some pictures that I’ve taken with it that will also catch you up on what’s been going on in my world lately…


My mom is a big tennis fan and player…so we thought it would be so fun to combine her interest in tennis and mine for Paris and throw a French Open brunch with all her tennis gals and share with them what God has called me to do in Paris…perfect! The event was so much fun and pretty successful!















My mom and I had lots of fun planning that party. A big thanks to all the ladies who came!!!


I celebrated my 22nd birthday this past week. I am no longer 21!!!!!!! I don’t know why, but I didn’t enjoy that age…I feel like you’re still considered a teenager. So, here’s to the year of the deuces!


Tenley and Liz, my Rosie True gals. My birthday would not have been complete without these two!...or the chips and queso we devoured...yum.



Bday dinner @ Mellow Mushroom





Every girl needs a friend like this one...especially on your bday. She's a sweetheart. If you don't believe me, check out her blog...man I'm giving the shout-outs tonight!

And last but TOTALLY not least...

My scrumptioulicious bday cake from the French Pantry.

I had a FABULOUS day celebrating with some amazing friends! Thanks for making me feel so loved :)


Whew! That was kind of a lot for me. And as I've been learning in Entre Nous, a french girl practices discretion and leaves some things unsaid...so until next time,

Adieu

1 comment:

  1. Um I OWN Entre Nous... along with like every book about being French... Don't underestimate my obsession with France. Your French Open looks SOOO cute. I love the pics!!!! Also, I very much enjoyed your bday! Love you a ton!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete