Thursday, April 7, 2011

Paris Pastries- 17eme

Boulangerie Patisserie Alsacienne R Maeder
158 Boulevard Berthier
17th Arrondissement


The patisserie we had planned on going to wasn't open, but my disappointment didn't last long when we picked our pastries, sat in a cute little park in the middle of Place du Maréchal Juin, and bit into these sweet treats...



Macaron Framboise
(Lauren's choice)
man, do the french know how to master these cookies or what?!
It's amazing how exact they can get the flavoring...I wanted the creamy raspberry taste to stay in my mouth all day!


I forget the name for this one (Jen's choice),
but it was a Café Caramel mound of creaminess with a crumbly crust.
D-LISH!

Millefeuille Framboise
(My choice)
Can you see why it's called a"thousand-leaf" pastry??
crispy, buttery layers of puff pastry
sweet raspberry jam
fluffy, sweet cream
fresh, tart raspberries
*magnifique!!*
Even with the many layers, this was a pretty light pastry (which means it doesn't have as many calories, right?)



Unfortunately, we have to put our "pastries by arrondissement tour" on pause for two weeks while we're out of town...but check back because I'm sure I'll have some fun photos from Lyon and Budapest!! (I hear the pastries in Budapest are fabulous...can't wait!)



p.s. anyone know what that cafe/caramel pastry is called??

1 comment: