Saturday, May 26, 2012

oh hey transition, we meet again...

this bittersweet feeling is becoming very familiar...
i'm once again at a point of transition in my life


Twice now, I have begun the year thinking, 
“this is just for 1 year”, 
and now that I am again at the end of my internship, 
I cannot deny that the Lord is leading me 
to continue serving Him through the Cru ministry.
Through my experience working in the PSW office, through the counsel of friends and mentors, and most importantly through prayer,
the Lord has led me to apply for a full-time staff position with Cru.
And just last week I received my acceptance!


The exciting decision to join staff with Cru 
and attend New Staff Training this summer
also means:
moving back to FL
2,500 miles away from the people and places i grew to love this year
for an unknown amount of time 
while I attend 5 weeks of training and raise support


my sinful heart is so quick to be frustrated
to doubt
to complain


but--thankfully, I belong to a gracious God
who quickly reminds me of His trustworthy track record
comforts me with faithful friends
and calms my anxious heart with His provisions. 


so in the midst of change
and in the whirlwind of my emotions
I cling to the one who is constant

Numbers 23:19 - 
God is not human, that he should lie,
   not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
   Does he promise and not fulfill?
Hebrews 13:8 
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Desert Song by Hillsong United on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment